The president of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro Moros, announced Thursday the creation of the Special National Corps Against Terrorism, as part of the launching of the Gran Misión Cuadrantes de Paz.
The initiative emerges as an immediate action to combat and “dismember the terrorist groups that are sent from Colombia and the United States, which seek to sow discord, disturb the peace and security of the country”, said the head of state, from the Miraflores Palace.
The Dignitary denounced that “the right is activating its mechanisms of articulation, using the dollars of the United States government to put organized crime in order to destroy from within and serve as an instrument for new guarimbas and terrorist violence”.
He said that during the trip that deputy Juan Guaidó made to the United States, at the beginning of February, a plan was designed to finance the organized crime mafias and put them at the service of destabilization of the main cities of the country.
“Listen all of the defense and security organs of the country, all the people … I am doing it as a complaint because I have a lot of information since mid-October last year”, he said.
At the head of the Special National Corps Against Terrorism will be Major General Hernán Gil Barrios, and in turn will carry out a National Anti-Terror Plan that will be applied, in a first stage, until 2022.