The Communist and Workers’ parties that suscribe the present APPEAL declare:
1. The serious international situation which has come from the unstoppable global capitalist crisis – now expressed as a health emergency that spreads throughout so many countries – requires strong and decisive social and political action that puts the needs of the working class, of the different people’s of the world and of human kind above everything else.
2. The insufficient scientific resources, as well as the robbery of public health services, carried out by the capitalist countries under neo-liberal adjustment policies in the interest of the world’s large monopolistic capital, which are imposed by the EU, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, etc, bring with them greater difficulties concerning the urgent and much needed measures which should be taken immediately to defend both the health and the lives of the working class and the people.
3. The degradation suffered by the capitalist societies, which are based on individual self-interest, consumerism and social Darwinism, adds even greater difficulties to efforts to deal with this health crisis, that requires values of solidarity, sharing and social justice: the values present in all of our revolutionary political projects aimed at socialism-communism.
4. Currently, capitalism takes advantage of the current health crisis as a perfect alibi to unleash a new attack against both the working class and all peoples, strengthening financial capital and monopolies and adding new cuts to salaries and to the rights of the working class. The inter-imperialist conflicts contribute to the spiraling rise of violence and social predation that, at the end, will be paid for by people and workers alike.
5. The international working class, along with the people, must react to this situation – today under the control of world oligarchies – for the health emergency will bring short time terrible consequences. It is necessary to show further evidence of the present historical wreckage of capitalism at its imperialist stage, as well as the urgent need for socialist construction in order to face the beginning of a new historical stage so much claimed by the current and extraordinary development of the productive forces.
6. That is why we send out a massive appeal in order to start as many actions as possible so that the peoples and the working class raise their flags of struggle.
a. For the complete stop of imperialist blockades imposed against Cuba, Venezuela, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Nicaragua.
b. For the immediate end of imperialist military aggressions in Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Mali, Iraq, Libya.
c. For the immediate end of occupations and for the recovery of the national sovereignty of the Arabic Republic of Sahara, Palestine, Puerto Rico.
d. For the immediate end to the repression of social movements in Chile, Bolivia, Colombia, Honduras.
e. For the right of the working class and the working people both from the cities and rural areas, to fully exercise their freedom and union organization, to collective bargaining, to strike, job stability, and sufficient wages to live with dignity.
f. For the socialization of the large and strategic means of production, financial and essential services for society, under workers, peasants and popular control.
7. Finally, we make an APPEAL to advance in the coordination of all the workers’, peasants and popular anti-imperialist struggles and forces in a Global Front, capable of organizing political and social mobilization for the defense of people´s sovereignty, against imperialist war, and against all blockades; for an international social order for the benefit of social majorities – for the whole of mankind – , under the conditions given by the current development of productive forces, able, as it is well known today, to cover all social demands.
8. The organizations hearby signed up to this APPEAL will work together to add up our strength to, and to go further, in the above mentioned aims.
FOR THE WHOLE OF THE HUMAN KIND, FOR THE WORKING CLASS!
FOR PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE!
FOR SOCIALISM AND COMMUNISM!
FIRST SIGNATURES OF COMMUNIST AND WORKERS’ PARTIES (SolidNet)
N° COUNTRY PARTY
1 ARGENTINA COMMUNIST PARTY OF ARGENTINA
2 ARMENIA COMMUNIST PARTY OF ARMENIA
3 AUSTRALIA COMMUNIST PARTY OF AUSTRALIA
4 BAHRAIN DEMOCRATIC PROGRESSIVE TRIBUNE
5 BANGLADESH COMMUNIST PARTY OF BANGLADESH
6 BELGIUM COMMUNIST PARTY OF BELGIUM
7 BOLIVIA COMMUNISTA PARTY OF BOLIVIA
8 BRAZIL BRAZILIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
9 BRAZIL COMMUNIST PARTY OF BRAZIL
10 BRITAIN COMMUNIST PARTY OF BRITAIN
11 BRITAIN NEW COMMUNIST PARTY OF BRITAIN
12 CANADA COMMUNIST PARTY OF CANADA
13 CHILE COMMUNIST PARTY OF CHILE
14 COLOMBIA COLOMBIAN COMMUNISTA PARTY
15 CROATIA SOCIALIST WORKER’S PARTY OF CROATIA
16 CUBA COMMUNIST PARTY OF CUBA
17 CZECH REPUBLIC COMMUNIST PARTY OF BOHEMIA AND MORAVIA
18 DENMARK COMMUNIST PARTY IN DENMARK
19 ECUADOR COMMUNIST PARTY OF ECUADOR
20 EGYPT EGYPTIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
21 FINLAND COMMUNIST PARTY OF FINLAND
22 GEORGIA UNIFIED COMMUNIST PARTY OF GEORGIA
23 GERMANY GERMAN COMMUNIST PARTY
24 HUNGARY HUNGARIAN WORKER’S PARTY
25 IRAN TUDEH PARTY OF IRAN
26 IRAQ IRAQI COMMUNIST PARTY
27 IRELAND COMMUNIST PARTY OF IRELAND
28 ISRAEL COMMUNIST PARTY OF ISRAEL
29 ITALY ITALIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
30 JORDAN JORDANIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
31 MALTA COMMUNIST PARTY OF MALTA
32 MEXICO POPULAR SOCIALIST PARTY – NATIONAL POLITICAL ASSOCIATION
33 NETHERLANDS NEW COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE NETHERLANDS
34 PAKISTAN COMMUNIST PARTY OF PAKISTAN
35 PALESTINE PALESTINIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
36 PALESTINE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE’S PARTY
37 PARAGUAY PARAGUAYAN COMMUNIST PARTY
38 PERU PERUAN COMMUNIST PARTY
39 PHILIPPINES PHILIPPINE COMMUNIST PARTY (PKP-1930)
40 ROMANIA ROMANIAN COMMUNIST PARTY
41 ROMANIA ROMANIAN SOCIALIST PARTY
42 SERBIA COMMUNISTS OF SERBIA
43 SPAIN COMMUNIST PARTY OF SPAIN
44 SPAIN COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE PEOPLES OF SPAIN
45 SUDAN SUDANESE COMMUNIST PARTY
46 SYRIA SYRIAN COMMUNIST PARTY (UNIFIED)
47 SYRIA SYRIAN COMMUNISTA PARTY
48 USA COMMUNIST PARTY USA
49 UKRAINE COMMUNIST PARTY OF UKRAINE
50 UKRAINE UNION OF COMMUNISTS OF UKRAINE
51 URUGUAY COMMUNIST PARTY OF URUGUAY
52 VENEZUELA COMMUNIST PARTY OF VENEZUELA
SIGNATURES OF OTHER PARTIES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
1. ARGENTINA Partido de la Liberación
2. FRANCE Pôle de Renaissance Communiste
3. MEXICO Partido de los Comunistas México
4. MOROCCO Vía Democrática
5. PALESTINE Frente Popular de Liberación de Palestina
6. PALESTINE Frente Democrático de Liberación de Palestina
7. GALIZA Unión do Povo Galego
8. SPAIN Red Roja
9. SPAIN Iniciativa Comunista
10. SPAIN Unión Proletaria
11. SWITZERLAND Partei der Arbeit Schweiz PdAS – PSP
12. SWITZERLAND Partito Comunista Svizzera