The World Federation of Trade Unions, representing more than 100 million workers who live, work and struggle in 130 countries of the 5 continents, expresses its support and internationalist solidarity to the militant demonstration against the labour law reforms (Omnibus Law) which is going to take place before the Indonesian Parliament Building, tomorrow, July 16th, 2020.
The working class of Indonesia and the international class-oriented trade union movement condemn the unacceptable anti-labor law which aims to:
– widening contract-based employment, outsourcing system and apprenticeship.
-reducing the permanent workers by simplifying regulation to dismiss workers reducing the minimum wages.
– elimination of severance pay and other obligation that should be provided by the employers.
– removal of the implementation of criminal law for employer,
– removal of the women workers’ rights such as menstruation leave and maternity leave.
– reducing the union’s right to represent workers, to bargain and to strike.
We, led by the fundamental principles of the WFTU, strongly denounce the efforts of elimination workers’ rights and the attack against trade union freedoms and rights. We call for the unconditional withdrawal of the Omnibus Law and we denounce any effort of the Indonesia government and Indonesia Bourgeoisie to eliminate the workers’ rights and achievements. We call the workers and popular strata of Indonesia to massively participate in the demonstration and we assure them that they can rely on the support and solidarity of the World Federation of Trade Unions.