The Central Council of KNE announces the adaptation of the events of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This year, the Festival of KNE-Odigitis will be…different!
Demonstrating a sense of responsibility, the KKE and KNE took, from the very first moment of the pandemic outbreak in our country, all the necessary measures, by adapting our operation and action to protect the health of the members and friends of the Party and KNE in these special conditions. That is what we are going to do also with the Festival.
The central events of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis will be held, according to all necessary protection measures, on 17-18-19 September, not in “Antonis Tritsis” Park, as it was originally planned, but in new and suitable areas.
The events will peak on Saturday 19 September at the stadium in Alexandras Avenue in Athens, with the speech of the GS of the CC of the KKE Dimitris Koutsoumbas and a musical tribute to Thanos Mikroutsikos with the participation of renowned artists.
The areas and the programme of the rest of the events will be announced in the following days.
In the rest of Greece, one-day Festivals will take place in major cities with the respective changes in the way they will be conducted as well as the necessary protection measures for the visitors’ health.
More specifically on the central events of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis:
- The access to the areas of the Festival will be conducted in a controlled way through more entrances, with the “gates” of the Festival opening 2 hours prior to the events to avoid overcrowding and to facilitate the visitors’ flow. Respectively, departure will be conducted in groups in the same way.
- The visitors will have allocated seats for the duration of the events, which will allow physical distancing.
- The use of protection masks in entrance/exit and during the Festival is mandatory.
- Body temperature will be measured while entering the areas and disinfectants will be abundantly available for use at fixed points.
- KNE members will be responsible for the visitors’ flow and for making sure distancing is respected and overcrowding is prevented.
- An increased number of toilets and sinks will be at the visitors’ disposal in the areas of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis. Regular cleaning will be ensured.
- Medical cover will be provided in the areas of the Festival from special scientists, doctors of frontline specialties, nurses and medical students.
We call upon the youth to give, via its participation in the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis, a decisive response to the government, the state and the system that point their finger to hide their criminal responsibilities. To send a strong message of “organised disobedience” against the barbarity we are experiencing and the bankrupt policy of serving the few at the expense of the many!
The youth cannot be silenced! This year, they proved that “…even the covered mouths have a voice”! With the success of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis, we will make this voice stronger for protection measures in favour of our health and our rights, so that we will not pay once again for the crisis of the system and to disengage our country from the dangerous imperialist USA-NATO-EU plans.
Let the slogan of the 46th Festival of KNE-Odigitis, “Socialism, for us to breathe freely, for life to be victorious”, be heard loud and clear!
The Central Council of KNE