The South African Communist Party (SACP) in Gauteng Province held a successful Party Building Commission (PBC) to conduct a detailed and comprehensive assessment of its structures since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent risk-based national lockdowns.
The PBC received full reports from the DEC’s and the Young Communist League (YCL). Reports confirmed, beyond any shadow of doubt, that Covid-19 has not negatively impacted any of its structures during the lockdown period. We are satisfied that our structures are ideologically coherent, firmly united and consistently active to wage class struggles and defend the working class and the revolutionary people against the neo-liberal austerity and capitalist onslaught, worsened by Covid-19. We are satisfied that our revolutionary capacity and militancy is intact to wage class struggles in relation to the following, amongst others:
- Consolidate unity, activism and coherence of the Party to prepare for the centenary of the SACP in 2021 through a series of revolutionary activities and integrating local government elections work into the centenary programme.
- Corporate capture of the state and corruption, and defend the Zondo Commission against attacks by forces hell-bent on undermining our constitutional democracy and sovereignty as a country. It is important to remember that at the core of the National Democratic Revolution (NDR) was the sovereignty of our nation to determine its destiny without imperialists and outside aggression such as recently savaged by the Guptas.
- The Neo-liberal trajectory of austerity and desperate attempts at liquidating state organs. This is also clear from massive private sector retrenchments and restructuring of production, cost-cutting measures targeting the working class and poor, sale of state owned enterprises, wage and salary freezes for public servants including retrenchments at the SABC and other state owned enterprises.
- The Barbaric resurgence of the bigotries and the demon of racism by white and black neo-fascists alike, and their heavy reliance on populist demagogy and racially charged rhetoric. The reemergence of this dangerous tendency seeks to polarize society in the midst of the challenges brought to bear by the history and legacy of Colonialism of a Special Type (CST), severity of the capitalist crisis and now the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Gender Based Violence (GBV) pandemic through popular mobilisation and building of left and patriotic fronts on the ground to ensure that we end this form of criminality and barbarism in our society.
The PBC reaffirmed its unity and commitment to the revolutionary Alliance with the African National Congress (ANC), the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) and the South African National Civic Organisations (SANCO) to ensure that we continue to defend, consolidate and advance the NDR as the most direct route to socialism in the concrete conditions and realities of our country.
Issued by the SACP Gauteng Province
Source: South African Communist Party – SACP in Gauteng satisfied its structures are still strong, united and ideologically coherent in the midst of Covid-19 Pandemic